Thursday, May 13, 2010

This quote sums it up...

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” -Anonymous



I am an emotional sap these days! Maybe it's because my dear friend Laura just had her sweet baby Blake,  or maybe its because my other sweet friend Klusman is about to have her precious baby boy Grayson or  could it be because my amazing sister Mikah is about to have my longed for nephew Beckett! Or because we are looking for a part time nanny and the thought of anyone other then family watching him breaks my heart????

Holding Blake's little body in my arms made me realize how quickly they grow up and how much I should cherish every moment I have with Jake. I looked at Blake and could not believe that 3 1/2 short months ago Jake was that size. And at that same moment I became very sad because life is going by too fast and I have already forgotten the beginning of Jakes life. I know it makes me sad saying that as well but its true. The first few months are such a blur. I was tired and worn out and dreamed of the days when I could sleep thru the night.  I was also thinking everyday how I couldn't wait for Jake to be able to fit into his "big boy" clothes, sit in his Bumbo, start rolling over, sleep through the night etc. Now that is has all happened and is all happening I want to go back to the beginning when everything was new and he depended on me for everything! I look at Jake everyday and wish I could freeze time and keep him just as he is.

One thing I know for sure is that life is too short and is obviously  going by too fast and I am not going to waste one more minute on things that don't matter or things that take me away from my family!



1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!
    Yes, the first three months seem like ETERNITY!! Watching our little ones grow is like watching a miracle happen right before our eyes. You're doing awesome mama, keep it up!! xoxo to you and XOXOXO to baby jake!

    ReplyDelete