Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1 year later


How did we get here already?? 2/2/10-2/2/11 went by in the blink of an eye! The moment that sweet little boy entered my world was a day I will never forget. I've been pretty weepy these last few days thinking back to this time last year. I remember January being the LONGEST month of my life with the anticipation of Jake's arrival. I was a mess everyday! I couldn't take one more day of being pregnant and dreamed of my water breaking and going to the hospital. Sadly that didn't happen..well naturally at least...and Tuesday February 2nd finally arrived! I remember the night before laying in bed with Kevin talking about how the next day we would be parents and both of of talking about how scared and excited we were all at the same time. I remember waking up at 4 AM cause I couldn't sleep one more minute...I was ready to meet him! I remember looking at myself in the mirror thinking that I will never be the same and that when I come home I will be a Mommy! I remember driving to the hospital in the dark and Kevin playing some sappy songs and holding my hand as I cried cause I was so scared and anxious. I remember getting into the room and starting the whole process and thinking "this is really happening"!! It was a long day filled with friends and family sitting by my side waiting on Jake's arrival. I remember his heartrate dropping and the nurses running in and flipping me from side to side while putting me on oxygen and my Dr running in saying we might have to have an emergency c-section and to trust her. I remember his heartrate coming back up and the nurses telling me they were going to stop the pitocin to give him a break. I remember Laura, Shawna and Reedy sitting by my side and the nurses asking them to leave to check me. She had put me in the "go fast" position and let me tell you ladies that postition works! I remember feeling the need to push and Dr. W coming in telling me he was crowning and asking if I was ready to push. I remember pushing 2 times and he was out and Dr. W laying him on my belly. I remember it being an out of body experience and felt as if I was in a dream. I rememebr Kevin standing there frozen and not saying a word in complete shock of what had just happened. I remember him taking a picture and sending it to my Mom who was out in the waiting room with all of our family and friends. I remember looking at Jake thinking "this is him, this is my son" and saying to him " we've being waiting on you for a long time". Here we are a year later and every night when we get in bed we say to each other how much "we love that little guy". He brings us pure joy and everyday is better then the last. Being a parent is not for the weak and there were days when I didn't think I would make it. But I did..we did. We had his 1st birthday this past weekend and the same people that were there the day he was born were there to celebrate him turning 1...it was amazing! People tell you how amazing it is being a parent and you never really know until you have a child. A child truly changes everything.

Happy 1st Birthday Jacob Michael Lewis! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!





1 comment:

  1. I just realized that the girl who never posts on her blog anymore...actually did a post! :) And I had tears in my eyes the whole time i was reading this! I love watching Jake grow up and I love going through this adventure of mommyhood with you. I love you Lewisessssss!

    ReplyDelete