Thursday, January 21, 2010

So close...

2/2/2010...doesn't that sound like the best day ever to have a baby??? Well I think so! Knowing that there is an "end" date in sight is so exciting yet scary at the same time. Jake is weighing in at 7lbs and his kidney's look great and seem to be healing on their own!!! I am a little nervous about his weight I might be giving birth to a butterball...yikes! I was so ready for him get here and now I need him to stay in as my parents will be gone, starting tomorrow thru next Friday, so I can't have him any time before that! I told Mom that I would keep my legs crossed all next week :) So this week was THE.LONGEST.WEEK.EVER and I am sure next week will feel even longer! Ahh the anticipation is killing me! So in order to keep myself busy I will do all of the following things next week to hopefully pass the time:


1) Shower and get ready everyday next week-I know this sounds silly and possibly gross to some but since I am not working I have NOTHING TO DO so showering has been at the bottom of my list these days. I told Laura last night that I was still in my pjs and I was talking to her at 9pm...gross! It would be just my luck to go into labor being stinky with greasy hair..blah!

2) Go to the grocery store and actually cook dinner all next week-dinner lately has consisted of mac and cheese, brownies, M&M's, ice cream, meatballs..basically anything goes and poor Kevin has been left to fend for himself. Lucky for me he will eat anything and is not picky at all so he has finished all of the left overs and eaten random things out of the pantry that have probably been sitting there for years...he's so sweet :)

3) Figure out the car seat base-I don't know why I can't figure it out...it looks so simple in my car manual but for some reason I cannot do it! I think I have tried every day this week and I get frustrated and give up and think "maybe tomorrow I will figure it out"

4) Get all the laundry done-I don't mind doing laundry...like putting it in the washing machine is fine it’s the switching it to the dryer and folding it that gets me. Most of the time the clothes just sit in the dryer for days and I pick out stuff if I need it and won't fold it until I absolutely have to...I am sure my Mom is mortified reading this..No Mom I do not immediately take things out of the dryer nor do I iron every piece of clothing..I iron as I go....don't judge...

5) Enjoy the last few days that Kev and I have together...just the two of us. He is the best and I am way too lucky to have him as a husband. We joke that we will be fighting over who gets to hold Jake...Kev can't wait and I can't wait to see him hold him for the first time...brings tears to my eyes as I type thinking about it as it's been our dream to have children and it's about to come true!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to send well wishes your direction! I hope and pray for a fast delivery and a healthy and happy baby and mommy! Your life is about to be blessed far more than you ever imagined!

    ReplyDelete