Friday, December 21, 2012

1st Annual First Neighbors Now Friends Christmas Party

Kevin and I moved into our house almost 5 years ago this March. I guess you could say we are impulse buyers when it comes to pretty much anything and this house was probably the most impulsive buy for sure. I found our house on Craigslist of all places and as soon as we walked in I knew it was "our" house. We were about to get married and knew we wanted to buy a house and thought Frisco would be nice so we looked at one house and that was it. See impulse. Thankfully it has proven to be a great house and we have loved every second of living in it. I loved Frisco when we first moved here and I love it even more now and can honestly say I don't see us every leaving this area. We have not only been blessed with a great home but a wonderful neighborhood as well and more recently we have been blessed to become friends with our great neighbors. My Mom always said that she and my dad first friends when they moved to Texas were their neighbors. For the first 3 years we didn't know really any of our neighbors. Well that has all changed and I am so happy it has! We finally started meeting our neighbors once Jake was old enough to really enjoy the park. The park is right down the street from our house and we are pretty much out there every single night if the weather is right. Our neighborhood is full of kids just around Jake's age and since we started going we have met majority of our neighbors there. All of us moms are around the same age and just genuinely have a good time together. We now have group texts that go out reading like this: park??; play date at our house; going to the museum wanna come etc. Basically we are all stay-at-home moms looking for things to do to keep the kids busy :) After spending countless nights together with the hubby's and kids I finally decided that it was time for just the ladies to get together; no kids, no husbands and not at the park. I invited all the girls over to my house for a ornament exchange and we had the best time! These girls all started out as neighbors and now I call them friends.







 
Sara, Lindsey, Rhiannon, LeeAndra, Me, Kim and Shannon

This was our yummy food. I made a few heavy appetizers and then everyone brought something either sweet or savory.

 
The guys were all at the Wilson's with all the kids. According to Lindsey it was one wild party. The picture above was their spread of food :) Pretty sad.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment