How is it already New Years?? I can't believe 2012 is coming to a close and tomorrow we will wake up and it will be 2013. I have to say that I will be happy to close the book on 2012. Although 2012 joy as we welcomed Hudson into the world it was also full or heartache and sorrow as we lost Kevin's mother. My MIL passed away on August 17th and not a day has gone by that we haven't thought about her. It was sudden and terrible and Kevin has had a rough time ever since, understandably. Seeing the person you love the most in the world grieve the loss of a parent is horrible and I don't wish it upon anyone. I know we will all leave this world eventually and I know we will experience more loss in the years to come but when its sudden and you don't get to say goodbye you are left with a lot of questions and what ifs. I have said it before but children do make losing loved ones a little easier. Jake and Hudson have helped Kevin start to heal, I know it, I see it but he,we, still have a long ways to go. What I have learned from her passing is that you shouldn't waste another day being angry with someone especially family members. Life is too short so say you are sorry and move on. So with all this being said here are my goals for 2013:
1) Spend more quality time with the boys, Kevin and family
2) Put the phones and computers away when the kids are awake-I have been really bad about this lately
3) Get back to the budget and stick with it-We want to move within the next few years so hopefully that will be a good incentive for me to not overspend :)
4) Come up with some way to generate income-I would love to find something part time or commissioned based so I can have some fun money for me. Mommy needs new cloths and her hair done stat!
5) Get out with the boys and do more things that are educational based-don't get me wrong I love going to the mall playground and Chic Fil A but there are so many fun and FREE things to do in Dallas and I need to start do those things more
6) Do more educational activities at home-similar to the one above but at home
7) Be more patient with Jake-He's almost 3..enough said
8) Start saying "no" more-I over extend myself and our family all the time and it leads to nothing but stress on my end. I need to learn to say "no" and be ok with it. We don't have to go to every birthday party, every get together etc. It's ok to stay home and just be with my boys
9) Make my marriage a priority-They say "A child changes everything" well isn't that the truth! Add one more child to the mix and boy do things really change. It's not that my marriage isn't a priority but at the end of the day we are both so tired and we need to both get over it and make time to talk. The nights when my parents keep the boys need to be spent together having date night and not using that time to get together with friends.
I am sure I could go on and on but that's a good start.
Cheers to 2013!