Monday, December 17, 2012

The second time around you do what works

I can't help but laugh even thinking about my life lately. With all of the sad news over this past weekend I have to remember that my kids are safe and alive and I need to appreciate this crazy season of life that I am in and just laugh...cause sometimes the only thing that will help is to just laugh. So with that being said here is a run down of my life lately with two kids. Things that I never would have done with Jake are the norm now with Hudson. Hence the title, the second time around you do what works.
 
 Finding Hudson in his crib with his jammies all up around his neck would have freaked me out with Jake but not this time around...just button them back up and we were on our way
 
 
 God forbid I would have put Jake in a dirty grocery cart but this time around we just shove some items on either side of him so he doesn't fall over and off we go
 I also would have never put Jake in a dirty restaurant high chair but if you put a dirty restaurant napkin in the front and back then its all good
With Jake I read labels religiously and never would have given him something clearly meant for a toddler at 6 months. Nope not this time around...he gobbled down the whole pouch and then I read the label.
 
Baby in the front backpack on the back. A real man wears his child and a child size backpack :)
 
 
With Jake I never would have taken him to a baseball game..at night...in August...when it was 100 degrees outside...and West Nile was a big concern. But this time around you find a portable fan and Off Clip On and you set
 
 
In order to run after Jake and take care of Hudson AND still drink my wine just slap Hudson on the chest and you can do it all.
 
I can't imagine my life when the 3rd comes along.
 

1 comment:

  1. oh I love this....and you are a great mommy the first AND second time around :)

    ReplyDelete