Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I am back...for now

Since my last post..almost a year ago..I know I am doing a great job at blogging...a lot has happened! Jake turned 2, Kevin's Granny Lewis passed away, we welcomed Hudson Charles Lewis into the world on 6/14, we decided that it was time for me to "retire" and become a stay at home mom (yay), Jake left Sweet Peas to stay at home with me, we survived the summer as a family of four, more importantly I survived being a new stay at home mom to 2 kids, Kevin's Mom passed away, Jake started MDO 2 days a week and we are about to celebrate Hudson's 6 month birthday! Ok a lot more happened but you get the idea.

Wow so much happened! Good and bad, happy and sad but we made it through it all. Jake will be 3 in two short months and I can't believe it. Where has the time gone? He is such a special boy. His current obsession is Transformers and to see the joy that they bring to him makes my day. He is very spirited, loud, stinky, messy and just an all around amazing little boy. He has grown so much since he started MDO and knows his ABC's, can count to 20, sing countless songs and so much more. Of course he still won't recite the abc's or count on command but he talks to himself all day and I hear him.  I have decided that he doesn't like to showoff his talents :) It was definitely an adjustment when we brought Hudson home and to be completely honest it was rough. It wasn't that he hit Hudson or kicked or anything like that its that he flat out ignored him and just pretended as if he didn't exist which broke my heart. The last month he has turned a corner and I think its mainly because Hudson moves now and "talks" and he loves his big brother. Hudson's face lights up with he looks at Jake and I have a feeling they will be good buddies soon. I still have yet to potty train Jake and again if we are being honest I am just in denial about that whole thing. I keep thinking it will magically happen and he will wake up potty trained. I never attempted when I was pregnant cause he was too young and with the arrival of his brother approaching I didn't want to add one more change to the list. We moved him into his big boy room and moved him to his big boy bed  and I could tell that potty training would put him, and myself over the edge :) But the countdown is on to his 3rd birthday and his doctor said he needs to have STARTED potty training by his checkup so the pressure is on! I faced every other thing head on with Jake; sleeping in the crib, breaking the swaddle, crying it out, taking the bottle away, taking the paci away and moving him to a big boy bed but potty training I can't wrap my brain around. I will update once we have conquered that.

And Hudson...ahh I love that sweet boy! He seriously is an angel and such an easy baby and God knew that I would have a lot on my plate so he blessed me with a laid back, go with the flow baby. Thank goodness cause Jake was so high maintenance!! We brought Hudson home on June 16th and it was if we didn't skip a beat. Life with two is BUSY but not harder..at least I don't think so. I was so worried about having two but I was so much more confident this time around and Hudson just fit right in. I have loved every single moment with Hudson and I have never "wished a phase" away like I did with Jake. I was so tired and exhausted with him and I always wanted him to be doing the next big thing but not with Hudson. Maybe its becuase I know how fast they grow up and I don't want to take a single day or phase for granted cause I know 3 years from now I will be looking back thinking where did the time go just like I am doing as we approach Jake's 3rd birthday. From the start he has been a great sleeper and even slept through the night early on..it was a fluke but I enjoyed it none the less. We then hit the 4 month marker and good old sleep regression kicked in and I was back up feeding him in the middle of the night and I went from only pumping and bottle feeding to nursing again in the middle of the night. My body is so out of wack. Just when it got used to not feeding in the middle of the night I started again. All I have to say is ouch! But I am happy to say that after a week of boot camp we are back on track! So yes I am still "breastfeeding" so to speak but mainly just pumping and giving bottles. I EBF for the first 4 months but life on the go with a 2.5 year old and nursing was hard. I was feeding him in parking lots, restaurants, dressing rooms..you name it. I had no shame this time around. With Jake I would have NEVER breastfed in public!! I would have gone home first before I fed him in Chilis during lunch hour but you know what..the 2nd time around you really gotta do what ya gotta do and yes I got looks but I didn't care. He was hungry and I was making him happy. He started rolling over at 2 months from his tummy to his back and then at 3 months he started rolling from back to tummy! Both things Jake never did til 4 months! He still has that gummy grin but I know a few teeth are trying to break through so hopefully that will happen soon cause that boy can drool! I think the thing I was most excited about when I found out I was having another boy was seeing the difference in them and boy are they different! Not only do they look completely different...I finally have one that looks like me..but their overall demeanor is so different. I have a loud, rambunckious, stubborn and wild almost 3 year old and a very laid back, smily, go with the flow almost 6 month old. I know this will all change as just the other day he army crawled so I see crawling in our near future...maybe even before sitting up cause that boy shows no interest in sitting up. He is eating solids once a day, oatmeal, and I am trying out new foods but he doenst like anything cold so fruits are out for now. I rememember with Jake I was so excited for him to start solids and this time I am fine with just the bottle...sadly its one more thing to add to the list of things to do for the day. I hate that I just said it but its true. I am going to look in to  Baby Led Weaning this time around. We will see.

All I know is that being at home with the boys is exactly where I want and need to be. I promised myself that now that I am home I would blog more and 6 months after being home I am finally starting :) Next up is a day in the life..I did it with Jake and man was it boring to read but I am glad I have it written down.

No comments:

Post a Comment